Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Learn With Me

I worked for Zola Levitt Ministries for about a year. I have always had a respect and had an interest in our Jewish roots and valued the time working for Zola. It was a great opportunity to be around the ministry and to learn from a very great teacher. I have also had friends and family that have gotten into the Messianic Jewish movement. One thing that I have noticed is their zeal for the Old Testament--the Torah in particular. Though I sometimes  feel their zeal goes too far, I have always been a seeker of the truth and want to be open to anything God is doing and want to learn more myself. 

This book by D. Thomas Lancaster titled Elementary Principles, has been suggested to me as a must read. I plan to get and read this book.

Please join me in reading this book. I plan to blog about this book after reading it and hope to start a conversation regarding the Jewish roots of Christianity.

Also, if you have a "must read" pertaining to the Jewish roots of Christianity or the Messianic Christian Movement, please leave me the title and author in the comments box below.

More information on "Elementary Principles" can be found here: BooK


2 comments:

  1. I guess we all get pretty “zealous” when we find something that changes our lives or expands our thought. I'm sure you can relate as you yourself are pretty zealous about Leadership and Church Life. With me it’s the Hebrew Roots of the Christian faith and the healing properties essential oils and herbs. I only wish it hadn't been so long in coming.

    Since I'm the one that recommended this book, I would like to note that, as with any book or study, I do not agree 100% with its contents. However, as you personally know, I've struggled for over a decade with Hebrews 5:11 through 6:3 and why today, as it appears in Paul's day, Christians do not seem to mature and get on with the meatier things of God. I’ve spent countless hours studying this passage with no resolve. I even think that we studied it when you were here pastoring. It was only after studying it in the Hebrew context that it began to make any sense at all to me.

    In hindsight, it seems so “elementary” that when studying a passage in the Book of HEBREWS, written by a HEBREW, to an audience of HEBREWS that we should put it in a HEBREW context. – Another of those DUH moments that we both have experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree. I look forward to reading this book and look forward to reading it from the Hebrew perspective. As you point out, Hebrews of all books should be studied from the Hebrews perspective. Sadly, the church has lost much of their ability to "think" like the Hebrews think.

    ReplyDelete