Tuesday, January 20, 2015

God will be with you "through it all'!

Tonight I am thinking about the recent loss of the great gospel singer Andre Crouch. He was truly the first singer that I ever really listened to and his music was able to take me to a place in the Lord that few sermons had. As I am typing this blog, I am listening his song "Take Me Back" and I must admit that I am doing this with a tear in my eye. Looking back through all of my trials and circumstances, God has always guided me and has been with me every step of the way. Although I am at a place now that I would have never guessed when God called me into the ministry in 1981 I would change very little.
 
I would never choose to have a stroke again, but without suffering the stroke in 2006, I would probably never have pursued my doctorate. I did and will always be grateful for what I have learned and for the doors that it has opened for me. Also, I have always been the type of person that would rather "do it myself" than impose on anyone to help me. Having the stroke has caused me to rely on other people because of some physical limitations. I am not sure if this is good or bad, but I do know that moving out of our comfort areas is good for us.
 
I would like to encourage you. If you are in a hard place, remember that God is there with you even if you are unaware of his presence.
 
PLEASE SHARE how God has brought you through trying circumstances. Leave your response below in "Post a Comment".
 
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment